Each year the City of Augusta allocates funding to the Greater Augusta Arts Council to regrant to nonprofit, arts-based organizations. By doing so, Augusta’s leaders, recognize the importance of the arts and the need to sustain and financially support a wide variety of artistic disciplines and expressions. Applications for this year’s (FY18) City Art Grant program will be available starting June 15 and the deadline will be July 28, 2017.
Funding through the annual Arts Granting Program enables arts organizations to:
- Provide programming and educational opportunities throughout Augusta-Richmond County
- Promote Metro Augusta as a cultural destination
- Build the capacity and stability of Augusta’s Arts and cultural organizations and legacy
- Enhance the economic development of the city
- Share arts programs and activities with underserved audiences
Last year (FY17), 16 organizations were awarded grants from the City Art Grant program. They are listed below, alphabetically.
ORGANIZATIONS AWARDED FUNDS FOR FY2017
Grant applications are adjudicated in a public process that is free from conflicts of interest and assures fairness and professionalism. The Review panel is made up of arts professionals, community leaders, business experts and artists.
This year’s (FY18) application will be available in advance of the application window. To sign up for announcements for the City Art Grant Program and to be notified when the application window is open, sign up using the form below.