Each year the City of Augusta allocates funding to the Greater Augusta Arts Council grant to nonprofit, arts-based organizations. By doing so Augusta’s leaders, acting in the best interest of the community, recognize the importance of the arts and the need to sustain and financially support a wide variety of artistic disciplines and expressions.
Funding through the annual Arts Granting Program enables arts organizations to:
- Provide programming and educational opportunities throughout Augusta-Richmond County
- Promote Metro Augusta as a cultural destination
- Build the capacity and stability of Augusta’s Arts and cultural organizations and legacy
- Enhance the economic development of the city
- Share arts programs and activities with underserved audiences
Therefore, on behalf of the City of Augusta, the Greater Augusta Arts Council announces with pleasure the 2017 Arts Grant recipients. They are listed alphabetically to the right.
ORGANIZATIONS AWARDED FUNDS FOR FY2017
Grant applications are adjudicated in a public process that is free from conflicts of interest and assures fairness and professionalism. The Review panel is made up of arts professionals, community leaders, business experts and artists.