The Friends of the Augusta Library (“Friends”) is pleased to announce the Friends’ 2017 Writing Contest.
The winning entrant(s) will have their manuscript zprinted in an upcoming edition of the FOAL quarterly newsletter and on the Friends’ website.
- The contest is open to writers who are residents of the USA and who are 18 years or older at the time of entry.
- Writers who have published work in other venues and genres are eligible. Only unagented submissions will be accepted.
- Work(s) that have been published in any format, including online and self published, are not eligible.
- May be FICTION, NONFICTION, or POETRY:
- Should be no more than 1500 words in length, accompanied by a cover letter: include the author’s name, address, phone number, email address, brief biographical note, how the author heard about the award, and publication history, if any.
- Manuscripts should be typed double-spaced on 81/2” x 11” letter sized paper. A self-addressed, stamped envelope with sufficient postage must be included if you wish to have the manuscript returned.
- Each submission should include one (1) paper hard copy and one (1) electronic (searchable PDF) copy.
- Up to two submissions per entrant. Each submission should be mailed separately.
- Hard copy submissions should be clearly addressed to:
FRIENDS OF THE AUGUSTA LIBRARY
ATTN: 2017 WRITING CONTEST
823 Telfair Street, Augusta, Georgia 30901.
- Electronic submissions address to: email@example.com
Email Subject Line: “2017 FOAL WRITING CONTEST ENTRY”.
- Manuscripts may not be submitted to other publishers, mentorship contests, writing contests, while under consideration for this award.
- Friends is not responsible for late, lost, or incorrectly addressed or delivered submissions. Entrant assumes all risks associated with the submission of their manuscript(s) to the Friends for consideration/publishing.
- Manuscripts accepted from May 1, 2017 to Dec 15, 2017 & must be postmarked within that period.
- The winning entrant(s) will have their manuscript printed in an upcoming edition of the FOAL quarterly newsletter and on the Friends’ website.
- The winning entrants will be notified by Jan 31, 2017.
- The judges are the Friends’ Advisory Council. The decision of the judges is final.
- The Friends reserve the right not to choose a winner.
2017 WRITING CONTEST
FRIENDS of the Augusta Library