Augusta Arts Award Winners will be announced at a virtual award ceremony with video of the winners receiving their trophies.
Date of the virtual celebration will be announced soon.
Sadly, the Annual Awards Dinner has been cancelled this year due to COVID-19 and safety precautions.
Each year the Arts Council’s Augusta Arts Awards and Membership Meeting recognizes members of Augusta’s vibrant arts community who stand out for their dedication to and standard of excellence in the arts. The Augusta Arts Awards were established to recognize outstanding talent, exceptional initiative and leadership within Augusta’s vibrant arts community. Six awards are distributed to winners for: Arts Professional, Individual Artist, the Kath Girdler Engler Public Art Award, Media, Sponsor, and Volunteer.
2019 Arts Awards WINNERS
Congratulations to the 2019 Arts Awards Winners! The Annual Arts Awards are hosted by the Greater Augusta Arts Council to celebrate individuals and organizations that advance the arts in Augusta. The Arts Awards were established to recognize outstanding talent, exceptional initiative and leadership within Augusta’s vibrant arts community.
- Artist: Eryn Eubanks, Musician
- Arts Professional: Gary Dennis, Executive Director, Jessye Norman School of the Arts
- Volunteer: Mike Sleeper, Logistics Lead, Arts in the Heart of Augusta
- Sponsor: Ora Parrish, Bank of America
- Kath Girdler Engler Public Art Award: Jessye Norman School of the Arts, Project Forte
- President’s Award: City of Augusta, for outstanding partnership in public art efforts in our community
Details on each of the award categories are listed below. Award nominations are made by community members and chosen by a committee of business leaders, residents of Richmond County, arts professionals, former winners, and arts supporters.
Annual Arts Awards Categories
Click on the category names below for the details of each award.