Each year, outstanding members of Augusta?s Arts Community are recognized for all of the ways they help advance the arts in the CSRA. The Greater Augusta Arts Council proudly announces this year?s winners:
- President?s Award: Steve Walpert, Director of Fort Gordon Dinner Theatre and Entertainment Program
- Artist Award: Henry Wynn, local musician and artist
- Arts Professional Award: Patricia Meyers, Augusta University Professor who teaches voice, opera, music literature and history courses, and humanities
- Volunteer Award: Linda Scales, founder and Board President for Jessye Norman School of the Arts
- Sponsor Award: Beasley Media Group
- Media Award: Drew Dawson, Station Manager and Host of GPB Augusta 90.7FM.
Winners are honored at a special event, the Greater Augusta Arts Council?s Annual Awards Dinner and Meeting, which will be on Thursday, June 16, 2016, at 6:00PM at the Enterprise Mill Event Center, 1450 Greene Street. Admission is $40 per person, and advance tickets may be purchased online at www.augustaarts.com.
The Greater Augusta Arts Council is located at 1301 Greene St. in Augusta, GA. Its mission is to enrich the quality of life for citizens and visitors in the Central Savannah River Area by advancing a vibrant cultural arts agenda.