VIA The Greater Augusta Arts Council:
ARTS IN THE HEART OF AUGUSTA, an award winning festival, now preparing for its 40th year, is a 2½ day celebration of arts and community in beautiful downtown Augusta, Georgia. In addition to a Fine Arts and Fine Crafts Market, the Festival boasts five stages stacked with live entertainment, a Global Village filled with authentic international foods from 25 countries, a Family Area and a Young Artist Market.
All visual artists creating work in the categories listed below are invited to apply to the Fine Arts and Fine Crafts Market.
Ranked in the Sunshine Artist’s Top 200 Festivals list for five years in a row, the Festival also won a Silver Kaleidoscope for BEST FESTIVAL from SFEA. In 2017, 88,000 people attended and enjoyed the juried Fine Arts and Fine Crafts Market.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Any fine artist or fine crafter who meets the following qualifications:
- Has a passion for their art or craft and can make a large enough quantity to keep their customers happy for the 2½ days of the Festival.
- Makes their own work, themselves (no designers, buy/sell, contractors, piecework, or factories).
- Artists and crafters currently making and selling fresh, new work.
WHO SHOULD NOT APPLY
- BUY/SELL vendors (including LuLaRoe, Imports, etc.)
- Someone who designs work and has other people make it for them (in a factory or studio)
- Someone who has their work mass-produced, by offset or giclee prints, mechanical molds, etc.
- Someone who purchases and assembles kits
- Artists and crafters still selling old work or work that has been submitted to the jury before
- Consumables crafters: (contact The Augusta Hand Made Fair for a better fit for your work.)
- Creators of spices, mixes or other food items (pets too)
- Candle Makers
- Soap and/or skin care and/or bath product makers
- Book authors (contact The Book Tavern at email@example.com if you want to be in the Author’s Alley at Arts in the Heart.)
- Clay (thrown or hand-built ceramics)
- Clothing & Clothing accessories (not jewelry)
- Digital Art
- Fiber Art (baskets, leather goods, wall hangings, and hand quilting, not clothing)
- Folk Art
- Glasswork (not jewelry)
- Jewelry (rings, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, watches, tiaras, etc.)
- Mixed Media 2D
- Mixed Media 3D
- Wood Art
note: jewelers who string together premade items, or clothiers who buy pre-made clothes and dye them will generally be scored lower than artists who create everything by hand themselves.
NOTICE: The Arts Council offers FREE INFO SESSIONS to walk you through applying for Arts in the Heart!
Are you a local visual artist who would like to have a booth in the Fine Arts and Crafts Market, but you are uncertain how to put in a successful application? We are here to help you figure it all out!
These classes are FREE and they will guide you through the application process! They will all take place at 1301 Greene Street, Augusta, GA 30901. Our office is located INSIDE the Sacred Heart Cultural Center.
Info Session Dates & Times:
January 10th, 2020 at 12 pm (Noon)
February 5th, 2020 at 5 PM
Take a look at one of our past sessions online HERE!
Registration for the info sessions is REQUIRED.
Artists must fill out our ZAPPlication and pay the non-refundable Jury Fee of $30, by May 10, 2020. The application will require: FIVE high-quality images of your work and ONE of your booth, an average price point for your work, and a short artist statement. Artists will be notified of their application status via email by June 1, 2020. Applications go through a jury process.
Application is done FULLY ONLINE, through ZAPPlication.
Read through the application carefully, all relevant info IS IN THE APPLICATION FORM.
Applications OPEN March 1st, 2020.
Applications CLOSE May 10th, 2020.