City Gallery: Winter Art Exhibit & Sale 2020
Deadline: November 15, 2020
Theme: winter art, big and small
Show dates: December 1, 2020 – January 8, 2021
Exhibition at the City Gallery (Municipal Building 1st Floor at 535 Telfair Street)
The Greater Augusta Arts Councils invites Artists from the Augusta Area to submit work for the annual City Gallery Winter Art Sale during the holiday season. Any work sold will be immediately available for the purchaser to take home, in expectation of being given as a gift. All purchases will have sales tax added. Commission structure is 70:30, 70% to artist, 30% to the Greater Augusta Arts Council. Each artist may show up to two pieces to accommodate both a lower and a higher-priced piece. New for the 2020 event, the Arts Council has decided to allow larger pieces in this show. Work may be up to 4 feet by 4 feet with price points above $200.
The call is open Oct. 23 – Nov. 15, 2020. Please fill out the online registration form.
- All submitted pieces must be READY TO HANG. Work that cannot be hung will not be included. (If you need a primer on hanging, the Arts Council can help you, by appointment, in advance. Call 706.826.4702 to make an appointment.)
- Work cannot be larger than 4 feet by 4 feet. Recommended sizing 12 inches by 12 inches and no more than $200 price point but a range of sizes and prices will be shown
- No nudity (implied or explicit), violence, or obscenities
- Open to all local & regional artists; all ages welcome
- Artists must be able to drop off work at the City Gallery on December 1. Details for the drop-off window at the gallery will be included in your confirmation email
- The Arts Council is not able to mail or deliver unsold work.