Via GMA: Visual artists who reside in Georgia are invited to submit proposals for an innovative and colorful two-dimensional mural for the North wall of the Georgia Municipal Association’s new headquarters. Artists are encouraged to create a contemporary work that addresses both the mission, interests and scope of the Association, as well as the character, diversity and role of cities, their leaders, the work of their employees, and the citizens they serve in the context and history of Georgia’s cities.
The goals of this mural are to:
- Share the intrinsic value of Georgia’s cities on the state’s economy, agriculture, character, charm and bright energy. This mural should broaden viewers’ perspectives and awareness of the role of cities by celebrating the impact of cities as hubs of culture, diversity, innovation, centers of commerce, incubators of ideas and cradles of democracy, all of which foster the dynamism of the state.
- Connect the GMA mission and the associations three pillars: Advocacy. Service. Innovation. to its evolving slogan of “Cities United.” This mural should serve as a welcoming, positive, upbeat, energetic, non-controversial space for visitors, GMA staff members, city officials, area residents and area workers.
- Build community and a sense of pride amongst member cities across the state who visit the GMA headquarters and strive to improve working relationships with state leaders and legislators.
- Highlight the dedication that GMA has for all its member cities and articulate the association’s core values. This mural will also highlight the work and passion of a Georgia-based artist around the themes and concepts in this document and GMA guidance.
- Eligible artists will be Georgia based, reside in Georgia, or have ties to Georgia, however two of
these three are required. Artists must have experience in graphic design.
- Artists shall have previously created large-scale public art or exterior projects on their own or as
an artist team
- Artists must carry proper insurance for the duration of the project.
- $1,000,000 single occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate
- Artists must be willing to meet contractual obligations, adhere to the budget, and timeline
RFQ Open: September 21, 2020 – October 12, 2020
Finalists notified by October 23, 2020
Title of RFQ (Request for Qualifications): GMA HQ North Mural
Owner: Georgia Municipal Association, Inc.
Site Location: 201 Pryor St, SW, Atlanta, GA 30303
Last Day/Time to Submit Questions: 10/2/2020 at 5:00 PM EST
Statement of Qualifications Due Date: 10/12/2020 at 5:00 PM EST
Statement of Qualifications Submission Location: Electronic submission via email to email@example.com
All safety and security requirements will need to be strictly adhered to and coordinated with the General Contractor. The means for installing/painting the mural (i.e. scaffolding, lift, etc.) are the responsibility of the selected artist.
The mural shall be painted and must be durable and projected to withstand weather for up to ten (10) years. In the future the GMA may seek out the artist or artist team for maintenance outside of the projected ten (10) years. Maintenance, if and/or when it is required, is outside the scope of this request.
The site will be available to begin work in January 2021 and mural installation must be complete by April 30, 2021.