VIA The National YoungArts Foundation: YoungArts’ signature program is an application-based award for emerging artists ages 15–18 or in grades 10–12. Selected through a blind adjudication process conducted by an independent panel of highly accomplished artists, YoungArts winners receive financial awards, creative and professional development experiences working with renowned mentors, and become eligible for nomination as a U.S. Presidential Scholar in the Arts. Joining a 20,000-strong alumni community, YoungArts award winners form a rich network of peers that provides support and opportunities throughout artists’ careers.
- Classical Music
- Visual Arts
- Design Arts
- Cash awards
- Mentorship by accomplished artists
- A lifetime of creative and professional support
- A peer network of distinguished artists
- Nomination for U.S. Presidential Scholar in the Arts
- National recognition
- Be a citizen of the United States or permanent resident/green card recipient (copy of the documentation is required in the application)
- Be in grades 10–12 or 15–18 years of age on December 1 of the year you are applying (which is 2021)
- Have not already been named a YoungArts finalist and previously attended National YoungArts Week
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the YoungArts application on Acceptd, including required documentation and audition or portfolio materials, by October 16, 2020, at 11:59 PM Eastern Time. ?Pay the $35 application fee or get a fee waiver. Learn more about fee waivers in our FAQ HERE.