28 Jul Creative Careers: Lawrenceville Arts Center Facility Sales & Booking Manager
Lawrenceville Arts Center (LAC), a brand-new premier arts and culture venue located in historic downtown Lawrenceville GA, is set to open August 2021. With 5 distinct spaces (and endless funky alcoves) LAC is the perfect venue for your next performance, convention, corporate meeting or celebration. Home of Aurora Theatre, the 2nd largest professional theatre in the State of Georgia, LAC is sure to be a destination location for not only Gwinnett County and Georgia, but the entire Southeast region!
Salary is commensurate with experience; base + commission; generous benefits package listed below. SALARY: $41,000 + commission and potential bonus.
To best demonstrate LAC’s commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, access, and excellence in our workspace, we encourage ALL qualified applicants to apply. LAC is an equal opportunity employer.
TO APPLY: Please email resume and cover letter including name, phone numbers and emails of 3 references to:
President/CEO Aurora Theatre
PO Box 2014
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
REPORTS TO: Complex General Manager
The Event Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting private event business, event planning, and providing overall end to end support to clients for all Lawrenceville Arts Center (LAC) events. This role is responsible for developing, organizing, and managing events from point of contact to event facilitation in concert with LAC partners. This individual must have the ability to successfully materialize the vision of the client, exceeding expectations at every opportunity while developing and maintaining long-term client relationships. Fluency in multiple languages a plus.
• Responsible for selling/marketing the LAC as a venue for all private groups, including social, corporate, faith-based, and performing arts.
• Researches, identifies, and contacts prospective user groups to initiate sales efforts.
• Respond to inquiries, negotiate pricing, and deliver sales proposals with the highest level of client service to cultivate client retention and develop strong relationships.
• Conduct site visits as needed, collaborate with all facility departments to ensure successful site tours.
• Assist in development/implementation of sales + marketing plan, as well as creation of sales reports and revenue goals.
• Coordinate event requirements with caterers, client and building staff.
• Fosters coordinated sales/marketing efforts with industry partners through collaborative sales efforts, marketing, and public relations.
• Develop strategies for new markets and clients.
• Oversee the scheduling and booking of event space events; serve as a liaison with outside promoters, permittees, and presenters as well as other departments and divisions; negotiate and resolve significant and controversial issues.
• Communicates problems and proposed solutions to management.
• Assist in the preparation of sales & marketing materials and when appropriate, in the presentation of said materials.
• Frequent evening and weekend hours are required. Holiday work may be required. Qualifications:
• 3+ years’ experience in event sales/management, preferably with an arena, convention center, hotel, or other similar public assembly facility. College degree preferred but not required.
• Proven background in strategizing and executing on-premise events.
• Knowledge and appreciation of performing arts and/or music industry experience preferred.
• Exceptional attention to detail, organizational skills. • Ability to negotiate, influence and sell prospective clients.
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, self-motivated and results oriented.
• Demonstrated ability to function in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, Venue Ops (or similar booking software) and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
• Ability to work flexible hours (nights, weekends).
• Strong verbal and written communication skills – bilingual ability preferred.
• Knowledge of marketing and advertising/sponsorship program development.
• Must possess and maintain current Driver’s License.
For more information, download the job posting here.