12 Aug Creative Careers: Winthrop University Hiring Director of Communications, College of Visual and Performing Arts
The College of Visual and Performing Arts at Winthrop University is accepting applications for the Director of Communications.
About the Position
Reporting to the Dean, the Director of Communications serves as the coordinator of communications and marketing for various co-curricular and educational programs, special events and community engagement for the College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA) at Winthrop University. The Director works with a variety of internal and external constituents to execute and promote projects, events, programs, data collection and reports and encourages interest in the College from prospective students and various public constituencies.
Application Deadline: Monday, August 23, 2021
The Director of Communications creates and produces recruiting, marketing and branding communications and materials (digital and print-based) for CVPA programs. Handles media relations and promotions. Provides accurate and timely information to a variety of media outlets and through social media; writes press releases; generates and responds to social media posts. Coordinates and promotes specific college and community events and activities. Supports student recruitment through social media, advertising, and outreach to high schools and community colleges; coordinates open houses with the division of Enrollment Management and Marketing; and supports pre-university and ST-ARTS programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, media, technology or arts-related discipline
- At least two years of experience in marketing and branding, communications/design, social media, and web development
- Experience in public relations, event promotion, content development/editing (web, video and print), and managing a creative team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Summary
Candidates for this position will need to possess the following:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrated ability to quickly master software programs, including web management systems and data collection and reporting software
- Knowledge of marketing techniques and best practices
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and develop and maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and the ability to communicate effectively to diverse internal and external audiences
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with various groups, including faculty, staff, students, department chairs, other university units, media outlets and the general public
To learn more and apply, visit this link: https://winthrop.peopleadmin.com/postings/8821