Each year the City of Augusta allocates funding to the Greater Augusta Arts Council to regrant to nonprofit, arts-based organizations. By doing so, Augusta’s city leaders recognize the importance of the arts and the need to sustain and financially support a wide variety of artistic disciplines and expressions.
- Provide programming and educational opportunities throughout Augusta-Richmond County
- Promote Metro Augusta as a cultural destination
- Build the capacity and stability of Augusta’s Arts and cultural organizations and legacy
- Enhance the economic development of the city
- Share arts programs and activities with under-served audiences
ORGANIZATIONS AWARDED FUNDS FOR FY2018
This year, 17 organizations were awarded grants from the City Art Grant program. They are listed below, alphabetically. Click on their name to be taken to each organization’s website to learn more.
Application Review Panel
Grant applications are adjudicated in a public process that is free from conflicts of interest and assures fairness and professionalism. The Review panel is made up of arts professionals, community leaders, business experts and artists. Are you interested in joining the City Art Grant review panel? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the FY18 City Art Grants Applications
The FY18 City Art Grant Applications are now closed. The FY19 City Art Grant applications will open in May 2018. To view last year’s application, click the button below.