Each year the City of Augusta allocates funding to the Greater Augusta Arts Council to regrant to nonprofit, arts-based organizations. By doing so, Augusta’s leaders, recognize the importance of the arts and the need to sustain and financially support a wide variety of artistic disciplines and expressions.
Applications for this year’s (FY18) City Art Grant program are now open. Deadline: July 28, 5pm.
Funding through the annual Arts Granting Program enables arts organizations to:
- Provide programming and educational opportunities throughout Augusta-Richmond County
- Promote Metro Augusta as a cultural destination
- Build the capacity and stability of Augusta’s Arts and cultural organizations and legacy
- Enhance the economic development of the city
- Share arts programs and activities with underserved audiences
FY18 City Art Grants Applications Open Now
ORGANIZATIONS AWARDED FUNDS FOR FY2017
Last year (FY17), 16 organizations were awarded grants from the City Art Grant program. They are listed below, alphabetically.
Grant applications are adjudicated in a public process that is free from conflicts of interest and assures fairness and professionalism. The Review panel is made up of arts professionals, community leaders, business experts and artists.
To sign up for announcements for the City Art Grant Program, sign up using the form below.