THE CITY GALLERY, 535 TELFAIR ST.

The Greater Augusta Arts Council, in partnership with the city of Augusta, programs the City Gallery, located in the lobby of the Augusta-Richmond County Municipal Building at 535 Telfair St. This modern space is intended to feature local artists, student groups, and community partners with specialty exhibits about arts & culture in Augusta, Georgia. Read below for details on this gallery and participating as an artist


Call For Artists

The Greater Augusta Arts Council presents, in the City Gallery

THE DAWN OF A NEW DECADE:

WHAT IS THE FUTURE FOR AUGUSTA? WHERE HAVE WE BEEN?

Curated by “The A Team”: Ms. Jerrie Abdon & Art the Artist Abdon

 

Deadline to Submit: Friday, January 3, 2020

Theme: The Dawn of a New Decade

 

Exhibition at the City Gallery (Municipal Building 1st Floor at 535 Telfair Street)

 

The Greater Augusta Arts Council invites Artists from the Augusta Area to submit their original 2D Works for a show curated and conceptualized by “The A Team”. All works should touch on the theme of a new decade in Augusta through the creative perspective of the artist.

 

The call is open for submissions Dec. 20-Jan. 3 Please follow the link to fill out the online registration form. (https://augustaarts.wufoo.com/forms/zeiv6iv06lig17/)

 

Artists will receive a confirmation email that will indicate whether or not they have been selected for the show within several days of the submission deadline.

 

Requirements:

  • Dimensions: There are no size limits
  • Price: Although you may price however you wish, most sales have been under $200. There will be a 30% commission from all sales.
  • You may submit up to 4 pieces
  • All submitted works MUST BE READY TO HANG

Work that cannot be hung will not be included in the show. If you would like to learn how to make your piece gallery ready please call (706) 826-4702.

  • All work will be subject to the selection of the curators and the Greater Augusta Arts Council.
  • Artists must be available to drop off their work on January 10 from 1-4pm.

Artists must also be present at and involved in the promotion and preparation of the show ‘s reception on Friday January 17th.

For any questions regarding theme or concept please email gallery@augustaarts.com.


The section below is not part of the application process for the Dawn of a New Age.


Artists: Submit Exhibition Proposals (ongoing)

The Greater Augusta Arts Council and the City of Augusta invite artists and organizations to submit exhibition proposals for the City Gallery. Solo, collaborative, and group exhibitions are welcome. Please fill out the form below to be considered for showing in the City Gallery. This is an ongoing submission form for exhibitions throughout the year, so there is no deadline. Selections will be made by a panel made up of local artists, representatives of the Arts Council, and members of the City staff in charge of facilities.

Gallery Requirements and Policies:

  • 2 Dimensional work only
  • Artwork must be “wire hung” to be displayed on a gallery rod system
  • No implied or explicit nudity, violence, or obscenity
  • Artists receive 70% of the sales price of work sold, the remaining 30% is retained by the Arts Council to fund the Community Gallery program

CLICK HERE TO VIEW PREVIOUS EXHIBITIONS PROGRAMMED BY THE GREATER AUGUSTA ARTS COUNCIL