The Porter Fleming Foundation invites artists to apply for grant funding for public art projects in the Augusta River Region. The Foundation has expressed interest in applications that add public art by local artists to the community. The deadline for this year’s grant cycle is February 1, 2018.
The Greater Augusta Arts Council will hold two grant-writing sessions at their offices at 1301 Greene St. for artists who are interested in submitting an application. Information covered in the sessions will be the application submission process, recommendations for a successful application, how to create a project budget for submission, and information the Arts Council has gleaned through recent meetings with community members.
Grant-writing Workshop session dates:
- Wednesday, January 10th 4:00 – 5:30 pm
- Thursday, January 18th 5:00 – 6:30 pm
Potential Projects: The Porter Fleming Foundation will accept applications for any public art project located in Augusta, Georgia and the surrounding area. Based on current outreach work in the Harrisburg community, the Arts Council recommends the following projects that have been identified by residents:
- A.L Williams Park fence, to create a safe zone for children playing in the park, and an eye-catching statement without blocking the view into the park from the street.
- A.L. Williams Park drinking fountain, to create a whimsical and accessible source of drinking water for adults, children, and pets in the park.
- A.L. Williams Park shade structure.
- A.L. Williams Park bench.
- Murals located on the Eve Street and Crawford Street overpasses to serve as inviting corridors in the walking area beneath the Calhoun Expressway.
The Foundation requires that all projects submitted for grant funding include a plan for neighborhood outreach and collaboration as well as a project budget and potential timeline. Learn more at the grant-writing workshop sessions January 10 & 18.
For full list of requirements on each of the potential projects listed above and details about the neighborhood outreach occurring in Harrisburg, CLICK HERE.
For questions or further information, contact Public Art Manager Pax Bobrow at email@example.com or 706-826-4702.