Via Westobou Festival – “Augusta, GA: March 29, 2019- Westobou is seeking proposals for three different projects (listed below). Individuals, groups and organizations are invited to submit proposals to one or more of these projects. Those chosen will be sponsored up to $1,000 (per project) to implement the project during Westobou Festival, October 2-6, 2019. Selected projects will be promoted and documented by Westobou. If selected, money will be distributed prior to the Festival to allow sufficient time for preparation/completion.
Box Truck Studio
Westobou will provide box trucks to visual artists to create temporary art installations/studios. The trucks can be used as a place to display artwork, create artwork, house a temporary installation, or creative activity. The installations or creative activities are to be accessible to the public for viewing during the Festival. Sale of artwork is permitted but not required. Lighting and fans will be provided by Westobou. Trucks will be parked at a pre-determined location unless otherwise approved.
Public/performance art is planned and executed with the intention of being staged in the physical public domain, usually outside and accessible to the general public. This can include- but is not limited to- murals, installations, or outdoor performances downtown during Westobou Festival. These ideas should be designed to complement the Festival experience.
Special Program Projects
A special program project supported by Westobou could include a number of creative activities from the making of short films, to workshops, lectures, or pop-up art exhibitions to be presented during Westobou Festival. We are open to all ideas.
- Must be implementable in the downtown Augusta area
- Must be flexible on dates and times between Oct. 2-6
- Must adhere to the mission and values of Westobou
- Fill out the Idea Generated Project Proposal HERE
- If you are applying for more than one project, please fill out a proposal for each
- Be sure to specify a preference for date and time of day between Oct. 2-6 (morning, afternoon, evening, all-day or multiple day event/project)
- Feel free to include supporting materials such as pictures, videos or mock-ups of your idea
- Submit your proposal and resume no later than May 15, 2019 by: 1. Email to email@example.com, 2. Mail to P.O. Box 2104, Augusta, GA 30903- Attention Westobou, OR 3. Deliver to Westobou Gallery at 1129 Broad Street, Augusta, GA 30901, M-F 10am-5pm”