27 Feb Downtown Fat Saturday Pub Crawl this weekend, March 2! Benefits the Greater Augusta Arts Council
The Annual Downtown Pub Crawl is planned for this weekend on Saturday, March 2. Presented by the New Belgium Brewing Company and the Greater Augusta Arts Council, this fun downtown tradition celebrates “Fat Saturday,” a prequel to Mardi Gras celebrations. The Pub Crawl is scheduled 8-11pm in Downtown, and participants can purchase their passports at the corner of 11th & Broad, starting at 6pm for $10. The first 500 participants get a free Commemorative T-shirt.
13 restaurants and bars will be participating as stops on the Pub Crawl passports, which participants must get stamped by Arts Council volunteers at each stop. When a participant finishes the passport, they are entered into a drawing for prizes provided by Beer Me Augusta. In addition for the chance to win the drawing, the passports allow for participants to get in free to any participating restaurant or bar all night – no cover.
Proceeds benefit the Greater Augusta Arts Council and support arts programming in Augusta, Georgia.
GUIDE FOR PUB CRAWL PARTICIPANTS
- PUBCRAWL HEADQUARTERS/PASSPORT SALES: At the corner of 11th and Broad St. in Downtown Augusta, Georgia.
- Passport sales start at 6pm, $10 Cash or Credit!. The first 500 participants get a free commemorative T-shirt
- Cash or Credit!
- The Crawl officially starts at 8pm. There will be volunteers to stamp your passports at all participating bars from 8-11pm.
- When you have finished your passport, the volunteers at your last bar will collect it for the prize drawing.
- BRING YOUR ID. You must be physically present to buy a passport and have your ID checked. Participating bars and restaurants will also be checking IDs, so keep it on you.
- You aren’t required to drink in every location, but do support local business! Check in at the locations on social media, tag them, and make sure they know how much we #loveaugusta!
- The prize drawing for completed passports will take place next week at the Arts Council offices. A staff member of the Arts Council will notify you using the contact information you filled out on the back of your passport (so make sure it’s legible!)
- HAVE FUN!!
Want to Volunteer?
We still need a couple more volunteers to help stamp passports and help the night run smoothly for participants. Want to sign up? Click the button below
[cherry_button text=”Volunteer for PubCrawl” url=”https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c4fada62ba7ff2-fatsaturday2″ centered=”yes” fluid=”yes” icon=”icon: fa fa-paint-brush” bg_color=”#666666″ color=”#ffffff” target=”_self”]019 WET PAINT PARTY ADVANCE ART AUCTION[/cherry_button]