22 Aug Open Call for the 6th Annual October Spooktacular at Augusta & Co.
Thank you for your interest in showing artwork in the 6th Annual October Spooktacular! This showcase is organized and curated by local artist and hallow-queen, Heather René Dunaway. This group exhibition is all things spooky, featuring local artists and their haunted creations. This year’s exhibit will be shown in the Augusta & Co. Gallery and run from September 29th – November 3rd, 2023, with an Opening Artists Reception on Friday, October 7th.
The Greater Augusta Arts Council, along with Gallery Director Heather Dunaway, curates this visual arts gallery in partnership with Augusta & Co. They do so with a goal to support local artists by showcasing their artworks in a high traffic location for locals and visitors alike to better understand the vibrant arts we have in Augusta’s River Region.
The deadline to submit for the 6th Annual October Spooktacular will be Friday, August 26th by 11:59 PM. Submissions can be proposals for not yet completed artworks. Artists that have been selected will be announced on Friday, September 2nd by 6:00 PM.
To be considered for this showcase the following must be met:
1. Artworks must be spooky. Halloween themes from your favorite scary movie or ghouly show to bones and bats to cutesy pumpkin pals dancing around a flame. Artworks must be family friendly. Works may not feature nudity or violence of any kind.
2. Artworks must be made by the Artist submitting.
3. Artists must live in the Augusta River Region.
4. New or old artworks welcome, but nothing larger than 24 ” x 24″ (before framing). We have limited space available.
5. All artworks must be hangable from a Walker System, which is a rod-rail system that utilizes 4″ wide, vertically adjustable French cleats on rods suspended from a rail system.
6. All selected works must be finished, dry, presentable and ready to hang (from wire) by 10AM on Thursday, September 29th. Please, no hole, claw or single ring hangers on frames. Works that are not compatible with the Walker System will not be hung in this showcase. All works must be labeled on the back with artist’s and artwork’s information.
7. All artworks must be for sale. The gallery recommends $300.00 or less. All artwork’s prices should include the 40% commission. A State Sales Tax of 8% will be added onto each sale.
There are no fees to enter, but a 60% artist / 40% gallery commission will be remitted from each in-person sale. If featured in the Augusta & Co. online shop, a 70% artist / 30% commission will be remitted for online sales. This commission helps to cover the cost of organizing, hosting and promoting featured exhibitions.
All gallery sales will be processed through the Augusta & Co. Shop. The Augusta & Co. Gallery operates on a quarterly pay processing system. Checks for artworks that have sold in the October Spooktacular showcase fall into the gallery’s 4th sales quarter, which closes at the end of December. This means that checks for all sales will be mailed to the address of each artist (provided on their W9) in the the first week of January.
All works remain in the gallery until the exhibition is closed. Any sold works will be distributed to the buyers by Augusta & Co. at the close of each showcase. Any unsold artworks will need to be picked up by the artist or a representative of the artist in the week following.
Space is limited! Each artist will be able to submit up to three works to be featured. This does not guarantee that all works will selected to be featured. This depends on the amount of wall space, submissions, and general feel for the show. We encourage all artists interested in showing in the Augusta & Co. gallery to visit prior to submitting to get a sense of the space.
Artists who have artworks selected to be featured in this exhibition must plan to fill out a W9 form, sign the Gallery Contract and provide a complete inventory of artworks.
Follow the link below to apply!