|GCA is offering scholarships to folklife gathering
Georgia Council for the Arts is offering scholarships to Georgia residents to attend South Arts’ Folklife in the South (FITS) gathering, which is June 8-10 at Lake Guntersville State Park in Guntersville, Alabama. FITS will be a gathering of community leaders, folklorists, traditional artists, educators, documentarians, and other cultural workers to learn from one another, celebrate traditional arts, discuss issues relevant to the region, and forge partnerships across disciplines, states, generations, and communities. The FITS gathering is not a typical, formal, academic conference, but a collaborative convening that welcomes anyone interested in the diverse folklife of the American South.
The scholarship will cover any of the following registration options:
- Three-Day Registration, Double Room (June 8-10): $360
- Includes five meals and two nights’ stay in a double occupancy room at Lake Guntersville State Park. You may specify your preferred roommate.
- Three-Day Registration, No Lodging (June 8-10): $200
- For participants who do not need lodging. Includes five meals and participation in all three days of activities, Thursday, June 8, through Saturday, June 10.
- One-Day Registration (Friday, June 9): $100
- Includes three meals and participation in the full day of activities on Friday, June 9, 2023.
Deadline to apply for a scholarship is April 17. All applicants will be notified of scholarship status by April 26.
To apply for the scholarship, go to https://www.cognitoforms.com/GDECD1/FITSScholarshipApplication
For complete details on the FITS conference, go to https://www.southarts.org/programs-conferences/folklife-south
If you have any questions, please contact Mollie Quinlan-Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org