28 Feb Creative Career: Development Director, Greater Augusta Arts Council
Greater Augusta Arts Council
The Greater Augusta Arts Council (GAAC), a 501©3 nonprofit, is currently seeking a seasoned development professional with the fundraising experience to create and oversee a comprehensive development plan. This is a newly created position requiring years of proven experience as a development professional. We are looking for a confident self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit. The position includes Donor and Corporate relations.
Donor relations will be a primary responsibility along with managing thorough and ongoing stewardship efforts including regular communication with current and prospective donors, while building a stronger development culture among the GAAC team and board of directors.
Developing a Corporate relations plan will be an important responsibility to create and cultivate meaningful local and regional relationships including an Annual Membership Program, a Corporate Strategic Partner Program as well as sponsorships for major fundraising events.
- Originate, write and steward new grant opportunities
- Establish an Annual Giving Program (membership based) for both individuals and corporations
- Research donor relation programs at local, state, and federal art institutions
- Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to funders and Board
- Collaborate with staff on the management and planning of fundraising events and donor receptions
- Work with Executive Leadership to develop print marketing collateral related to fundraising in collaboration with our advertising department
- Perform regional travel, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field
- 3+ years direct fundraising experience
- Foundation relations and proven grant writing experience
- Familiarity with CRM software. Currently using DonorPerfect
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Salary Range from $35,000 to $45,000 depending on experience
- Health Insurance: Company pays 90% of employee only health insurance including vision and dental. Dependent coverage for purchase.
- Vacation and holiday pay
If interested please send a cover letter and resume to
Note in subject line: Development
By March 18, 2020